Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Introductions

I’ve always considered myself a bit of an empath.  Not in the fantasy fiction sense, but simply because when someone around me feels embarrassment, pain, anger, etc. I typically feel it a bit too.  I’ve always been pretty adept at imagining myself in someone else’s place.  It comes in handy when most people would jump to conclusions (usually the worst possible ones) or begin to judge someone.  I usually begin a parade of “what ifs” and try to give the benefit of the doubt.  I’m not saying that I never judge or that I never jump to conclusions, because I DO!  But I try not to and that’s a start, right?

Over the past year or so it’s really been hitting me how horrid we, as human beings, can be to each other.  It seems like we’ve actually lowered our tolerance levels.  We hide behind political correctness so we don’t have to deal with real feelings and real responsibilities for our words.  And labels… I’m not even sure where to begin.

Last night I was lying in bed complaining to God about how hurtful humans are to one another.  I couldn’t sleep and after at least an hour I came to this point where I started answering questions that I didn’t recall asking.  Questions like “why don’t you try to make a difference” and of course my first response was that I couldn’t.  But then this idea came to me to blog and post about my thoughts.  Who knows if anyone will hear me, but there’s a better chance they will if I blog about it rather than scream at the top of my lungs inside my head. 

My goal?  To plant a seed of thought into even one person that change has to start at the individual level.  We have to lead by example.  We have to stop blaming and start acting out what we want.  Well I don’t know exactly what I want, but I do know that I don’t want the hate or bigotry anymore.

My name is Susanne.  I am a human being.  It’s nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment