Friday, April 19, 2013

We <3 Boston

I hate what happened in the Boston Marathon.  It was a heinous act and I pray the persons responsible are punished to the full extent of the law.  That being said, I think it's important to remember that they are still human beings.  I actually commend the newscasters for showing the human side of one of the suspects.  I can imagine him as a child acting as any other child, with the same hopes and dreams as he grew.  And then something happened and he stepped onto the wrong path (although I'm certain he feels it's the right one.)  I can't think of any place or time where killing and/or injuring innocent people, families, was permissible or justified.  Most, if not all religions teach of forgiveness.  I think the process remembering that even the most horrific person you can think of is still a human being is the first step in forgiving.  I would never wish for anyone to have to go through that process, especially in a case like this, but I do know that it helps to ease the soul.  I know there are many heavy hearts today and our nation is praying for them to find comfort.  Hopefully they’ll receive some in the knowledge that the persons responsible have been captured and punished for their actions.  I fully expect everyone involved in this to pay a heavy price and within a very short amount of time.  I’m so thankful for our civil service members currently working on this case.  May they all be successful and safe.

One things has certainly come of all of this is a sense of togetherness across our entire nation.  From coast to coast people are supporting each other and standing together against the horror of recent and ongoing events.  Yes, I’m sure people are frightened and scared of what is going on, but terror?  No.  We as a nation are not terrorized.  You have failed in your mission.  We will not break apart.  We will not hide.  We will not stop loving and living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment